List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Collaborative reading

  • From: Mitar < >
  • To: PeerLibrary development < >
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Collaborative reading
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 03:30:37 -0800

Hi!

I think more and more that the main idea of PeerLibrary should be really
collaborative reading. This is really something Internet enables and
have not yet been implemented in a good manner. As we heard yesterday,
people are using Rap Genius for this currently. So I would put the idea
of capturing layer of knowledge as a secondary thing, or something which
comes out of the collaborative reading as a result/product, or better
something which is a building block of collaborative reading, but
broader idea is collaborative reading.

The reason why I think it is better to think about it in this way is
because it can give us more ideas what to do. Annotations are just one
way to improve reading collaboratively and online. But are there others?
Questions and general discussions are such, for example.

Just brainstorming.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Collaborative reading, Mitar, 12/06/2013