List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Hiring/job: PeerLibrary is searching for a Meteor programmer

  • From: Mitar < >
  • To: PeerLibrary development < >
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Hiring/job: PeerLibrary is searching for a Meteor programmer
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 22:10:28 -0800

Hi!

Our great project is growing and with that we have more and more
features to develop. So, we are searching for a hand or two to hire.

http://peerlibrary.org/

PeerLibrary is an open source project being developed at UC Berkeley,
half research project, half experiment, half world changing,
developing a collaborative online community where scholars and
researchers can discover, read, and discuss scholarly literature all
within one site. This project focuses on expediting access to
publications, enabling public recordings of analysis and insights on
said publications, and encouraging collaboration and openness in the
development of science.

https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary

We can pay market rates based on pieces to develop we together agree
upon, but do not expect to get rich, we are a research non-profit
project after all. My perspective/expectation is to find somebody who
loves contributing to open source projects and would like to be able to
get payed for doing it. Hopefully they share passion for open science as
well.

See our roadmap for examples of pieces to develop:

https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary/issues/milestones

We are already two developers and a designer plus few occasional
contributors.

Needed knowledge: CoffeeScript and Meteor.

This is my first time hiring somebody, so be gentle with me. :-)
Please give me feedback and/or ask me for more information.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Hiring/job: PeerLibrary is searching for a Meteor programmer, Mitar, 02/04/2014