List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Everyone: Video for the Knight News Challenge

  • From: Rodrigo Ochigame < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Everyone: Video for the Knight News Challenge
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:52:38 -0700

Hi folks,

We are semifinalists of the Knight News Challenge:
https://www.newschallenge.org/challenge/2014/submissions/peerlibrary-capturing-the-global-conversation-on-academic-literature

There will be multiple winners, but there's some pretty tough
competition (like Aaron Swartz's SecureDrop). So it's time to make a
rockin', most excellent entry that will make 'your mind and the whole
internet infrastructure explode' (Tavella 2013a).

Matej and Mitar are finishing tickets for our 0.2 release. The rest of
us should improve the text and create a video to show our community and
tell our stories. All of you beautiful people should be in it, so please
come around! :-) Maybe we should put a gigantic OA flag on top of Doe
Library.

This Tuesday, 8pm @ BiD. Everyone. BYOB.

-ro

(Also: If anyone has a camera that can shoot HD video, can we use it?)

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Everyone: Video for the Knight News Challenge, Rodrigo Ochigame, 04/21/2014