List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Data-Driven Discrimination

  • From: Mitar < >
  • To: PeerLibrary development < >
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Data-Driven Discrimination
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 17:42:20 -0700

Hi!

When we will be big and people will use PeerLibrary to find academic
papers we will have to think about this. That if we do not index
something, people will have less chance to find it, and we will
discriminate against those papers. Even more, those papers will often be
marginalized anyway (non-mainstream publishers, foreign languages or
counties, etc.). So let's have in mind to proactive find them and
integrate them as well. Even if there is "only few papers".

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/06/big_data_can_perpetuate_poverty_and_inequality.html

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Data-Driven Discrimination, Mitar, 06/16/2014