List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Report

  • From: Mitar < >
  • To: PeerLibrary development < >
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Report
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:19:44 +0200

Hi!

A short report of my presentation in Europe. I was last week at three
events presenting our work on PeerLibrary and related things about open
access/open science.

- cvs,conf: http://csvconf.com/
- OK Festival: http://2014.okfestival.org/
- OK Festival Open Science event:
http://wiki.pro-ibiosphere.eu/wiki/OKFest_2014_Data_mining_workshop
- Wikimania Open Scholarship event:
https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fringe/Open_Scholarship_Hack

You can see video from csv,conf here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBXxRAxCr88

I meet great people and we made plans for future collaborations. I met
Jure, a friend from Slovenia, now working on ScholarNinja
(https://github.com/ScholarNinja/extension), Richard and Peter from
ContentMine (http://www.contentmine.org/) where they are building
scrappers for publications. We will work together with them to use them
as a source to be displayed on PeerLibrary. At Wikimania Open
Scholarship event we started working on importer of bibliographic data
into Wikidata (https://github.com/mitar/csl2wikidata).

Among others I met also Steph, Andre, and Nico, who are interested in
starting contributing to PeerLibrary development. Welcome! :-)

Next week I am going to Zagreb to meet with our developers there, Miro,
Marin, and Vjekoslav
(http://www.meetup.com/Meteor-Zagreb/events/195057842/). And week after
that to Wikimania (http://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/).

Mitar