List archive Help

Re: [PeerLibrary dev] Possible logo

  • From: Matej Jan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [PeerLibrary dev] Possible logo
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:50:59 -0700

Here’s a new iteration on the logo:
This is how it looks in the webpage:

And a simplified icon version (I can make it more pixel perfect):

A little explanation:

The logo is a play on the publication-left, annotations/discussion-right design of PeerLibrary. The triangles on the right match the triangles in the frontpage background, which, at least to me, remind me of the surface of the brain. The whole logo in fact is a play on the left-right hemispheres of the brain, while also being in the shape of a book. It connects science with publications, which is what we’re primarily about.

I think it’s good for a start, but I don’t mind if somewhere along the way we iterate more or replace it holistically altogether.