List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Questions on Publish/Subscribe in Meteor

  • From: Opal Kale < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Questions on Publish/Subscribe in Meteor
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:43:36 -0800

I've been looking at annotation.coffee and I have a few questions about understanding some things. These are questions referencing this pull request: https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary/pull/678
  • Subscriptions work like this: I will subscribe to a new publish function I will write (not logged-errors).
  • I was looking at the meteor documentation on writing publish functions, but I haven't seen anywhere that writes publish functions in the form of "Meteor.publish()", so I'm unsure of the conventions of publish functions in PL.
  • In client/annotations.coffee, the subscription is to 'annotations' so where do I find the publish function called 'annotations'?
  • Unless in Meteor it will automatically subscribe to a file with the same name in server called annotations.coffee? If this is the case, then why are we not looking at a file called server/annotations.coffee? and instead the example I've been referenced to is server/annotation.coffee?

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Questions on Publish/Subscribe in Meteor, Opal Kale, 11/30/2014