List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] PeerLibrary Progress Report 12/15 (Sorry it's late!)

  • From: BRIAN YONG KIM < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] PeerLibrary Progress Report 12/15 (Sorry it's late!)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 20:05:27 -0800

Hello all, sorry that this report is so late! I just got out of my Monday final and started writing it.

Meeting Notes (for detail) - http://pad.peerlibrary.org/p/meeting-2014-12-15

OUTREACH & FUNDING:

    ~Klara working on Sloan Foundation application, helped revise Antonio application (added nomination), and obtaining support letters. She also subscribed to and following GDML and meeting John tomorrow.

    ~Camille -- no ticket

    ~Rachel evaluating Horizon 2020 for funding, working with Awesome foundation, ALA Conference, attended RTF and contacting grant consultants. Meeting John tomorrow?

    ~Brian completed final iteration for the Antonio Pizzigati Prize and completed blog Type C. Following Loomio discussion.

    ~Michael writing blurbs to reach out to individuals, applications for travel scholarships (libreplanet), and blog post about new logo coming up.

    ~Gary reaching out to decals/classes and professors that can use PeerLibrary. He might take on writing the logo blog post.

    ~Jared following open science and mozilla call.

DEV:

    ~Larry working more on PDF normalization. updates?
      Ticket: https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary/pull/681#issuecomment-61537087

    ~Tim working on search functionality - any updates?

    ~Opal working on admin dashboard and interviewed Brewster.
      Ticket: https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary/compare/admin-dashboard

    ~Rodrigo -- ticket?.

    ~Kevin updated all relevant logos.

     ~Spencer working on promo material/interviewed Brewster. There is no formally assigned ticket.

    ~Mitar oversaw entire operations and attended conferences.

General Remarks

More for outreach:
~ Are all bios updated? Letters of motivation?

~Continue to find funding opportunities

~Followup with Minuette and Author's alliance

~Rachel working on Nonprofit Development Summit (reports and links of interest)

~List of Classes to use PeerLibrary!

~Are the travel scholarships done?

~Blog Team: Blog post about new logo?

~Airplane ticket for FORCE 2015 -- we got a scholarship for that!

~Please look at my ticket regarding the investor email.

For everyone:
~Business cards - 2nd round coming up

~Proofread/look over iterations for Antonio Prize and Sloan Foundation.
~~~The DEADLINE for ANTONIO is today! Please look over it for a final time, and I believe Mitar will be submitting the online application.

~Check out the conference page! And see which ones you can attend.

Please focus on the following conferences:  Force2015, Post-Digital Scholar Conference, Code4Lib, LibrePlanet, Ted Prize

Focus on in the future: Horizon 2020, People's Choice Video Contest, FOSS ASIA 2015, Awesome Foundation, ALA Midwinter Conference, Chaos Community Camp

Upcoming Weekly Milestones
1) Everyone fix their Bios! and Motivation Letters

2) Attend / notify on ticket when one can attend a conference. Use PeerLibrary G-Calendar for reference!

3) Did we finish applying to travel fellowships?

4) Sloan and Antonio Prize now top priority -- ANTONIO DUE TODAY

5) Work on finding list of classes that will use PeerLibrary in their teachings (Meeting John tomorrow!)

6) Business Cards round 2

  • [PeerLibrary dev] PeerLibrary Progress Report 12/15 (Sorry it's late!), BRIAN YONG KIM, 12/16/2014