List archive Help

Re: [PeerLibrary dev] Internet Archive lunch

  • From: Seema Hari < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [PeerLibrary dev] Internet Archive lunch
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 04:36:14 -0800

Go to sleep Mitar! :p

On Saturday, November 16, 2013, Mitar wrote:
Hi!

That was so interesting and useful. I learned a lot about how we can
archive data, it is really easy. They have an Amazon S3 compatible
interface, so we can just use that! Really crazy!

Then they also do OCR on PDFs automatically, so we can simply use them
for all PDFs with images instead of textual content.

They lack some real order and metadata, so we can help them. And I see
really PeerLibrary as a good collaborative interface for users, which
can then archive data into Internet Archive.

Very enlightened visit. Learned so much about openness!

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m