List archive Help

[PeerLibrary dev] Multiple processes

  • From: Mitar < >
  • To: PeerLibrary development < >
  • Subject: [PeerLibrary dev] Multiple processes
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 02:47:01 -0700

Hi!

I made PeerLibrary run with multiple processes. This means that web
interface should be even more responsive as any real processing is done
in the background in dedicated processes.

This is both for production and stage.

Please test. Running multiple processes is quite trickier and noticing
that something does not work might not be so clear. For example, web
interface could continue working, but no references between documents
would be resolved, or no PDFs would be processed.

Currently we have two background processes. One which processes all
documents which IDs start with 23456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTWX, and another
which processes all IDs which start with YZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz.

So if you see that some documents behave strange (like no related fields
are populated), look at their first ID letter and see if there is any
pattern. :-)

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

  • [PeerLibrary dev] Multiple processes, Mitar, 05/03/2014