List archive Help

Re: [PeerLibrary dev] PeerDB vs. Meteor collection queries

  • From: André Gaul < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [PeerLibrary dev] PeerDB vs. Meteor collection queries
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 17:45:04 +0200

Hi Mitar!

Am 06.08.2014 um 15:46 schrieb Mitar:
> Instead of you doing one REST request, you subscribe to data and then
> you get initial copy of data + all future changes are pushed to this. In
> this way your client copy of data keeps in sync with the server.
>
> Moreover, Meteor provides a very simple and clean API on which you build
> stuff. So the code is not >200 lines, but 29 lines:
>
> https://github.com/peerlibrary/peerlibrary/blob/development/server/person.coffee#L117

OK, now I've understood that you have to manually subscribe (on the
client) and publish (on the server). Imagine I have 2 different queries
for persons on the same page. Then I subscribe two times to the
search-persons endpoint and all Persons matching any of the two queries
end up in the client's Person document class? So I've to filter them
again on the client?

Btw, I'm not complaining about Meteor not providing enough. I'm just
trying to see the benefits and downsides of it (compared to techniques I
know).

ciao,
André

--